TiMe22 Robusto: The Strongest Watch. Made from Titanium.
TiMe22 Robusto are innovative Grade 5 Titanium Watches with minimalist design. Designed & engineered in The Netherlands.
Made of the same material as jet engines and other aerospace components, titanium is 45% lighter than steel and anti-corrosive. Inside the 45mm case you’ll find a Swiss made ETA movement, water resistant down to 200 meters, featuring sapphire crystal and Swiss Super-Luminova® lumed dial and hands.
- Brushed grade 5 titanium* case
- Brushed grade 5 titanium* band (attached to case with screwed bars)
- Stainless steel (316L) hidden butterfly clasp with double push button
- Grade 5 titanium* case back
- The TiMe22 Robusto Precision features a Swiss ETA Normflatline 955.112 Quartz movement with 7 jewels and battery End-of-Life display.
- The TiMe22 Robusto Automatic features a Swiss ETA Mecaline 2824-2 Self-winding movement with 25 Jewels, 28.800 vibrations per hour and ETACHRON regulator system.
- Water resistant up to 20ATM / 200m / 660 ft (ISO 6425)
- Screwed down crown
- Sapphire crystal, anti-reflective coating on the inside
- Two piece bronze dial, painted
- Easy to read Luminescent Hands coated with Swiss Super-Luminova® BGW9
- Large Luminescent Hour markers coated with Swiss Super-Luminova® BGW9
- Etched TiMe22 Logo
- Individual Serial String with authenticity method
- All watches are hand-assembled
- Lifetime warranty
* grade 5 titanium (Ti-6Al-4V) is an alloyed titanium product containing 6% Aluminum and 4% Vanadium. This titanium grade is predominantly used in airframe and turbine engine parts; and for use in surgical implants.
- Case width / diameter: 45mm
- Case height / thickness: 10mm
- Bracelet width: 24mm
- Watch weight: < 130gr
TiMe22 Robusto Variations
You can choose between two main variations of the TiMe22 Robusto to pledge for: The Robusto Precision and the Robusto Automatic. Both variations come with the same grade 5 titanium case and bracelet, the difference is the movement:
TiMe22 Robusto Precision
The Robusto Precision features the Swiss made ETA Normflatline 955.112 Quartz movement with 7 jewels and battery End-of-Life display. This movement is popular and widely used (most Tag Heuer battery operated watches use this movement). It is also one of the most reliable quartz movements you can get on the market today.
TiMe22 Robusto Automatic
The Robusto Automatic features the Swiss made ETA Mecaline 2824-2 Self-winding movement with 25 Jewels, 28.800 vibrations per hour and ETACHRON regulator system. This movement is one of the best known and most widely used mechanical movements at all. It is considered to be accurate, robust and reliable and can be found in Tudors, Breitlings, Tag Heuers and many other brands.
You will have a chance to choose from the following two dial colours. Please note that both options will be available on the Robusto Automatic as well as the Robusto Precision. In direct light/sunlight there is a sparkle in both colours.
Uncompromised construction & materials
Titanium, as strong as steel but 45 percent lighter. It has a relative high melting point (more than 1,650 ·C or 3,000 ·F). Starting in the early 1950s, titanium began to be used extensively for military aviation purposes, particularly in high-performance jets, starting with aircraft such as the F100 Super Sabre and Lockheed A-12 and SR-71 (and Robocop was made of Titanium!). Nowadays the metal is generally too expensive to make it marketable to the general consumer market, other than high-end products, particularly for the racing/performance market. Because of its durability, light weight, dent- and corrosion resistance titanium has become more popular for the production of watch cases. Its inertness makes it a good choice for those with allergies or those who will be wearing the watch in environments such as swimming pools.
Grade 5 Titanium
The titanium alloy used for TiMe22 bracelets and cases is one of the strongest alloys available. Grade 5 titanium, also known as Ti-6Al-4V, is obtained by a smelting process where pure titanium is alloyed with small amounts of aluminium and vanadium. The result is a metal that is significantly stronger than pure titanium or even stainless steel. Grade 5 titanium is anti-magnetic, hypoallergenic and particularly resistant to corrosion by acids found in the sea and in perspiration.
All our watches are fitted with sapphire crystal. This is cut from a polished slice of solid sapphire that has been created by the fusion and crystallization of alumina. On the hardness scale, the only material tougher than sapphire is diamond. What this means is that sapphire crystal is immensely scratch resistant in a way that no other comparable material is — both in terms of “flaw initiation” (i.e. when it starts to scratch) and toughness (when it cracks).
Superluminova – Easy to read in the dark
Superluminova, produced by the Swiss company Tritec provides increased luminosity – up to 10 hours. This swiss made lume is some of the brightest available and is by far the most widely used luminous material (lume for short) out there. There are multiple grades of superluminova. The brightest grade is C3 with BG W9 following in a close second. This method of luminescence does not have a limited life span because the process of activation and luminescence takes place without a chemical reaction.