Oh yes!! This morning we received the final prototypes of the TiMe22 Robusto bracelet. Compared to the previous sample a few (important) details have been changed:
- Chain design: Each chain is now a single part (previous sample each chain was made of 3 parts);
- Smoothness: On the previous sample we could feel a too sharp edge between the chains. Now that feeling is gone because the chain design has been improved and all edges have been rounded a bit more. We are proud to state that our bracelet is as smooth as a Tag Heuer Kirium bracelet!
- Connection between the watch and bracelet: The first chain connecting the case to the bracelet has been improved. The transfer of the width from the case (28mm at the lugs) to the width from the bracelet (24mm) is fluid and smooth in this chain. (the transfer was done by 2 chains in the previous sample, creating a less smooth optical transfer).
- A new clasp: We have added a butterfly clasp to the bracelet and this makes the closed bracelet a lot nicer to look at. The previous clasp was too bulky and did not add to the total design. The butterfly clasp however is not made of grade5 Titanium, but of 316L Stainless steel instead. Grade5 Titanium proved too hard to create a butterfly style clasp and not elastic enough to create the spring parts. We are considering to PVD coat this clasp with titanium nitride (which will make it as hard as the rest of the watch, but gold in colour). What is your opinion about this idea?
- Brushed surface: We have changed the finishing of the surface (both the bracelet and the case) from glass bead blasted to brushed. The intensity and deepness of the shine is a lot nicer in the brushed version!
What is next?
All in all the bracelet is production ready, a big step forward in our project! At the moment we are waiting for the sample of the packaging and the updated version of the case (brushed finishing, the correct Superluminova on the dial and hands, matching colour of the steel logo and steel incorporated in the hands, etc). As soon as we have received these and confirmed the production readiness of the case we can continue to the next step: preparing our Kickstarter launch! Any feedback is more than welcome: just mail, skype or call us…
Stefan Wessels & Marc Schot – TiMe22